The University of Rwanda welcomes students from all around the world to study a range of professional and other programs across the country.
Our six disciplinary Colleges offer as full a complement of academic programs as you will find anywhere else in the world, and we are adding new programs each year.
The six Colleges are:
- Arts and Social Sciences (CASS)
- Agriculture, Animal Sciences and Veterinary Medicine (CAVM)
- Business and Economics (CBE)
- Education (CE)
- Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS)
- Science and Technology (CST)
As a leading research University we offer specialized and multi-disciplinary programs and embrace different teaching and learning modalities from face-to-face to distance learning.
Our vision is to educate the next generation of leaders prepared and dedicated to building a more just and sustainable world.
At UR you will join a community of people supporting the development of Rwanda by discovering and advancing knowledge, committed to the highest standards of academic excellence, as you prepared for lives of service, leadership and solutions.
This is being realized by:
- Delivery of interdisciplinary, problem-based academic programmes aligned with Rwanda's development needs.
- Integration of IT-based resources from around the world for widening access and improving quality of programs.
- Ensuring students have leadership, entrepreneurial and management skills for success.
- Preparing students for service to their communities and country through the application of knowledge.
- Creating applied, evidence-driven, research centres focused on problem-solving.
- Developing life-long and professional development programs beyond graduation.
UR is innovating its approaches to teaching, learning, research and connections with the community, and with the nation’s vision for development, and it shall be recognized as an exemplary employer. UR is committed to student-centred learning, and its research themes are aligned to the global agenda of SDGs as well as the country’s and the regional economic imperatives.
At UR we have a set of Core Values that underpin our work and that will guide your time as a student:
- Academic excellence
- Honesty and integrity
- Freedom of inquiry
- Humanitarian perspective
- Social justice
If you believe in yourself and believe that ‘UR’ is the best then join us and make a difference!