The University of Rwanda is a multicultural University. It welcomes students from various nationalities. Students with foreign qualifications are required to first obtain an equivalence of their qualifications to the Rwandan education system, from Rwanda Education Board (REB) or Workforce Development Authority(WDA) (for Secondary School qualifications) and Higher Education Council(HEC) (for Post-Secondary qualifications) to be able to apply for admission at UR.
International and EAC candidates are required to fill in only their biographical information on the online application form available on the application portal.
- Before applying, obtain an equivalence of your certificates from Rwanda Education Board (REB) for general secondary education or Workforce Development Authority (WDA) for vocation training and Higher Education Council for Tertiary Education Qualifications.
- Go to UR website www.ur.ac.rw under Admissions section at the main menu bar,
- Log in to student/staff portal,
- Complete Personal information & generate reference number and pin.
- Pay application fee to any of the UR Bank accounts mentioned above, using the reference number generated from the system. You will wait for at least 24 hours for your payment to be activated in the system and then proceed with application. PLEASE DO NOT PAY APPLICATION FEE THROUGH BK AGENTS
- Fill a special online application form available on admission website on the following link http://www.cmhs.ur.ac.rw/cmh/?q=applicationform or click on the Application form under quick links from www.admissions.ur.ac.rw The form shall be submitted together with the following documents;
- Certified copy of your Senior Six (S6) certificate and transcripts of your last year of Advanced General Certificate of Secondary Education,
- Copy of your National ID card or valid passport
- Certified copy of the equivalence with the Rwandan system ( only for applicants with foreign qualifications)
A non-refundable application fee of 5,000Rwf for Local and EAC citizens and 6,000 RWF for International applicants must be paid in any one of following UR bank accounts in Bank of Kigali (BK):
- College of Medicine and Health Sciences ( CMHS), 00094-0651934-37
- College of Science and Technology (CST) 00094-0651935-36
- College of Agriculture, Animal Sciences and Veterinary Medicine (CAVM) 00094-0651931-40
- College of Business and Economics (CBE) 00094-0651932-39
- College of Arts and Social Sciences (CASS) 00094-0651928-43
- College of Education (CE) 00094-0651933-38
Students from East African Community (EAC) member states pay the same fees as Rwandan students. For fees and payment modalities please download Fees Structure. If you are outside Rwanda,you can use your local bank to transfer the payment to any one of above UR bank accounts in Bank of Kigali (BK) using the following swift code BKIGRWRW.
For more information about programmes, admission requirements, guidelines for online application process please visit any of the UR Campus Application Resource Centres or log in to the Admissions website www.admissions.ur.ac.rw