Call for applications for Undergraduate Programmes 2018/19
The University of Rwanda informs prospective applicants that the online system for receiving applications for undergraduate programmes to be offered in all Colleges during the Academic Year 2018-2019 is now open. It will remain open until midnight of 18th June 2018.
- College locations
i. College of Arts and Social Sciences (CASS), based at Gikondo Campus, but also with programmes taught at Huye Campus.
ii. College of Agriculture, Animal Sciences and Veterinary Medicine (CAVM), based at Busogo Campus, but also with programmes taught at Huye and Nyagatare Campuses.
iii. College of Business and Economics (CBE), based at Gikondo Campus, but also with programmes taught at Huye and Rusizi Campuses. During the next academic year 2018/19 year first year day programmes in the Business School will be located in Huye. Evening programmes will continue to be offered at Gikondo.
iv. College of Education (CE), based at Rukara Campus
v. College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS), based at Huye, but also with programmes taught at Remera and Rwamagana Campuses.
vi.College of Science and Technology (CST) based at Nyarugenge Campus
2. Minimum entry requirements to specific Colleges
At least 24 points in 2 principal subjects for admission to programmes in:
- College of Medicine and Health Sciences ( CMHS),
- College of Science and Technology (CST) and
- College of Agriculture, Animal Sciences and Veterinary Medicine (CAVM),
At least 18 points in 2 principal subjects for admission to programmes in:
- College of Business and Economics (CBE),
- College of Arts and Social Sciences (CASS) and
- College of Education (CE).
3. Application Fee
A non-refundable application fee of 5,000Rwf for Local and EAC citizens and 6,000 RWF for International applicants must be paid in any one of following UR bank accounts in Bank of Kigali (BK):
- College of Medicine and Health Sciences ( CMHS), 00094-0651934-37
- College of Science and Technology (CST) 00094-0651935-36
- College of Agriculture, Animal Sciences and Veterinary Medicine (CAVM) 00094-0651931-40
- College of Business and Economics (CBE) 00094-0651932-39
- College of Arts and Social Sciences (CASS) 00094-0651928-43
- College of Education (CE) 00094-0651933-38
4. Guidelines to new applicants with local qualifications (REB, WDA and TTC)
- Go to UR website www.ur.ac.rw under Admissions section at the main menu bar,
- Log in to student/staff portal,
- Complete Personal information & generate reference number and pin.
- Pay application fee to any of the UR Bank accounts mentioned above, using the reference number generated from the system. You will wait for at least 24 hours for your payment to be activated in the system and then proceed with application. PLEASE DO NOT PAY APPLICATION FEE THROUGH BK AGENTS
5. Guidelines to existing users (those who applied in the past but could not register)
- Pay application fee
- Log in to application portal using reference number that was previously obtained and proceed with application.
6. Applicants with foreign qualifications and those with Local qualifications who completed S6 before 2011
- Before applying, obtain an equivalence of your certificates from Rwanda Education Board (REB) for general secondary education or Workforce Development Authority (WDA) for vocation training and Higher Education Council for Tertiary Education Qualifications.
- Go to UR website and follow steps mention above in section 3.
- Fill a special online application form available on admission website on the following link http://www.cmhs.ur.ac.rw/cmh/?q=applicationform or click on the Application form under quick links from www.admissions.ur.ac.rw The form shall be submitted together with the following documents;
- Certified copy of your Senior Six (S6) certificate and transcripts of your last year of Advanced General Certificate of Secondary Education,
- Copy of your National ID card or valid passport
- Certified copy of the equivalence with the Rwandan system ( only for applicants with foreign qualifications)
For more information about programmes, admission requirements, guidelines for online application process please visit any of the UR Campus Application Resource Centres or log in to the Admissions website www.admissions.ur.ac.rw
Done at Kigali on 18th April 2018
Professor Nelson IJUMBA
Deputy Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Research